With the election around the corner, I’m gearing up to appear at a few public events to talk about political communication and my research. I’m particularly looking forward to an event entitled: “Political and Policy Communication: Impact, Ethics and the Art of Persuasion” hosted by George Mason University on October 25th from 9:30 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. We’ll be discussing the 2016 presidential elections, especially in terms of the uncivil and often inaccurate rhetoric that has characterized the campaign. It’s going to be a great line-up!
Featured Speakers and Panelists Include:
- Gov. Martin O’Malley Opening Keynote Speaker
- Torie Clarke Senior Vice President of Global Corporate Affairs, SAP
- Linda Qiu Staff Writer, PolitiFact Arzu Tuncata Tarimcilar Board Member, GAMA Holding
- Professor Emily Vraga Political Communication, George Mason University
- Michael Shear White House Correspondent, New York Times – Moderator
- Mark McKinnon No Labels Co-founder, Co-creator of Showtime’s The Circus Closing Keynote Speaker
For more details, please see the attached flier. Hope to see you there!